Directions by Train
Please use this link to find a lot of information about mobility around the University.
Arrival by train at main station Essen
- Journey planner of the Deutsche Bahn: www.bahn.de.
- Journey planner of the public transport www.vrr.de or www.evag.de.
- From the main station it takes only two stations by tram to reach the chair at the Schützenbahn 70.
- The tram is in the basement of the train station, where also the undergrounds start. Follow the blue signs to the exit "Freiheit" and "U" and "Tram".
- When you leaved the building at the exit, go to the right and then downstairs to the underground station, rail track 1.
- Take the tram 106 direction "Altenessen Bf. Schleife" or 107 with direction "Gelsenkirchen Hbf." from rail track 1. Usually they operate in 10-minute intervals. You have to pay the "Kurzstreckentarif", the price for short distances.
- After two stops you will arrive at the station "Viehofer Platz".
- Go to the right to the exit Viehofer Platz, go upstairs and turn to the left to cross the street. If you need an elevator, you can go to the exit Gerlingstraße, where also the ticket machine is.
- After you have crossed the street by traffic light, you can see the university building S-A in front of you at the left.