Art der Publikation: Beitrag in Sammelwerk
The Road to Finding Interesting Contexts for Teaching Data Literacy at School
- Napierala, S.
- Brinda, T.; Armoni, M.
- Titel des Sammelbands:
- 15th Workshop in Primary and Secondary Computing Education (WiPSCE '20), October 28-30, 2020, Virtual Event, Germany
- ACM Press
- New York, NY, USA
- students' interests, data literacy, familiarity of contexts
- Digital Object Identifier (DOI):
- Ergänzende Unterlagen:
- (651 KB)
- Vortrag zu dieser Publikation:
- 15th Workshop in Primary and Secondary Computing Education (WiPSCE '20)
- Download BibTeX
Interest has a not negligible effect on learning motivation and success. Thereby, the development of interests in school subject contents is also affected by its context during teaching. Whether these contexts should be close to the everyday life of the students or more distant (uncommon) in order to be more interesting for them, is an open question.
In this paper, a selection of 12 contexts for teaching data literacy is described and first findings are presented on how 7th and 8th grade students assess these contexts in relation to everyday life. This pilot study (N=28) primarily serves to test the questionnaire and its comprehensibility, but also gives first insights on expected results for the upcoming main study.