Type of Publication: Article in Collected Edition
How to Implement Computing Education for All – Discussion of Alternative Organisational Models
- Brinda, T.
- International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP)
- Title of Anthology:
- Proceedings of the World Conference on Computers in Education (WCCE 2017, Dublin/Ireland, July 2-6, 2017)
- Cham, Switzerland
- Publication Date:
- computing education, organisation, integration, mandatory subject
- Link to complete version:
- Paper accepted for publication in the post-conference book to appear in late 2017/early 2018.
- Download RIS
In the context of the implementation of computing education for all school students, different implementation models are proposed and discussed: integration of computer science concepts and competencies into existing school subjects, establishment of a separate computing subject, offers of workshops and projects in schools, and out-of-school activities. Within the context of this position paper, the afore-mentioned implementation variants are discussed and evaluated.